Zero Waste Orange Peel Cleaner Recipe
Ditch store bought all-purpose cleaners for this simple, DIY orange peel cleaner to save money and reduce waste!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 2 weeks
- Total Time: 2 weeks + 5 minutes minimum
- Yield: 4 cups orange peel cleaner 1x
- Category: zero waste cleaner
4–6 whole orange peels
4 cups distilled white vinegar (or enough to feel glass container)
1 quart size Mason jar or glass storage container
1 glass spray bottle
2–3 sprigs herb like rosemary (optional)
strainer or cheesecloth (optional)
- Save orange peels in a quart size glass jar or other airtight container in fridge. Store covered in fridge until jar is full. (add herbs if using)
- Once full, remove jar of orange peels from refrigerator and fill to top with distilled white vinegar.
- Store in a cool, dry place for at least 2 weeks to allow the citrus oils and vinegar to infuse.
- Strain out orange peels and keep citrus vinegar in an air tight container until ready to use.
- Transfer a portion to a glass spray bottle and add water in a 1:1 ratio. (1 cup water to 1 cup orange peel cleaner)
***The longer the orange peels and vinegar are allowed to infuse, the better the citrus cleaner will smell.
***Always check with manufacturer before using orange peel cleaner if unsure how acids will impact surfaces.
***Orange peel cleaner should not be consumed.
- Serving Size: 0
- Calories: 0
- Sugar: 0
- Sodium: 0
- Fat: 0
- Saturated Fat: 0
- Unsaturated Fat: 0
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 0
- Fiber: 0
- Protein: 0
- Cholesterol: 0
Keywords: orange peel cleaner, zero waste cleaner