The one and only unsweetened applesauce recipe you’ll ever need.
4 pounds apples (about 8 apples)
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Combine all ingredients, along with 1/4 cup water into a large pot.
2. Cover pot and simmer over low heat for about 30-40 minutes, or until apples are mushy and easily break apart. Add more water if mixture becomes dry to avoid scorching.
3. Remove from heat and let cool for a few minutes.
4. Transfer apple mixture to a food processor and process in batches.
5. If mixture is too watery, return to pot and simmer until thickens.
6. Store in an airtight container for up to a week.