Easy to throw together, but so hard to resist! These spicy, cheesy sourdough starter discard crackers are perfect for a snacking, dipping, or on a charcuterie board!
1 cup all purpose or bread flour
1 cup unfed sourdough starter discard
1/4 cup melted, unsalted butter
8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, shredded (about 2 cups)
1/4 cup Texas Pete hot sauce (optional)
1. Mix flour, sourdough starter, cheese, melted butter, and hot sauce together.
2. Form into a smooth, cohesive ball of dough.
3. Split dough in half and shape into two rectangular pieces. Refrigerate for about 30 minutes to allow dough to harden.
4. Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
5. Roll out each section of dough on a floured surface or parchment paper to about 1/16″ inches thick.
6. Transfer dough to a lightly oiled baking sheet. Cut sourdough crackers into equal portions using a pizza cutter.
7. Prick each square with a fork.
8. Bake for about 25 minutes until golden brown. Turn baking dish halfway to ensure all sides bake evenly.
9. Let cool before munching or transferring to an airtight container.
Keywords: Sourdough Discard Cheese Crackers
Find it online: https://nowastenutrition.com/sourdough-starter-discard-recipes/